Interested in a Fabulous Volunteer Opportunity? Join PAVE’s Board of Directors!
PAVE is looking for committed, energetic members who want to serve on our Board of Directors. It is an excellent chance for experienced, dedicated individuals to be part of shaping the future of our organization.
Service on our Board of Directors offers a tremendous opportunity to help mold our programs and strategies, the impact of which will be felt for many years. Both experienced and first time board members are welcome. While we would certainly welcome individuals with great connections and/or professional skills, a PASSION for sexual and dating violence prevention is absolutely critical. Previous experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, violence prevention or intervention or is highly desired.
If you are interested in becoming a PAVE BOD member, please submit a letter of introduction and your resume to amanda@ShatteringTheSilence.org.
A PAVE Board Member:
- Demonstrates an interest in and personal commitment to PAVE’s vision, mission and values.
- Exercises duty of loyalty and due care in the management of PAVE’s fiscal affairs.
- Serves as an ambassador, building relationships with potential supporters and donors in the community.
- Attends all bi-monthly board meetings, board committee meetings, and required special events.
- Makes a personal financial contribution at a level that is meaningful to them.
- Actively participates in one or more fundraising activities.
- Acts in the best interests of the organization, and excuses themselves from discussions and votes where they have a conflict of interest.
- Stays informed about what’s going on in the organization. They will ask questions and request information. They will participate in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies and other board matters, especially financial matters.
- Works in good faith and communicate openly and honestly with staff and other board members as partners towards achievement of our goals.
- Maintains roles and responsibilities with a high level of accountability and intentionality.
- Makes a commitment to serve as a PAVE Board Member for a minimum of two years.
- Adheres to and upholds the values of feminism and anti violence.
- Adheres to the responsibilities for the board of directors as required by the Illinois Not For Profit Corporation Act of 1986 (805 ILCS 105 – attached).
- Insures that PAVE functions in compliance with all relevant state and federal laws.