Why Support PAVE? Sexual Violence Affects You!
1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men will be sexually assaulted in their lifetimes. Every person knows a survivor, but the silence surrounding these issues allow this public health crisis to continue! Over 80% of sex crimes go unreported… PAVE Shatters the Silence of Sexual Violence!
Why Contribute a Donation to PAVE?
2008 Successes: How PAVE made a difference
- PAVE’s national protest raised awareness on the silencing of rape victims in court, as featured in People magazine.
- PAVE’s sexual violence prevention DVD was used for military training in the U.S. and overseas
- PAVE collaborated on the International Conference on Violence, Abuse and Trauma in San Diego, CA
- PAVE was featured on America’s Most Wanted Safety Center
- PAVE orchestrated a national “Report IT Campaign” to bring awareness to the vast under-reporting of sexual violence due to victim blaming.
2009 Goals: How your donation will help
- Create a library series of educational programming and DVDs for: High school, At-risk Youth, Universities, and the Military
- Support our website’s online community that aims to educate and empower survivors, friends, family, and activists.
- Develop an affiliate program to create a national network of grassroots, community activists advocating to end sexual violence
- Kick-off new action alert software for the Survivor Justice Campaign to get you directly involved in ending legislative and judicial injustices
- Convene an Annual Think Tank that focuses on Policy, Education, Grassroots Advocacy, and Strategy
Won’t you be one of those to take a stand and PAVE the way to shatter the silence? Please donate today.