Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment (PAVE) is a multi-chapter national 501c3 nonprofit organization that uses education and action to shatter the silence of sexual violence through targeted social, educational and legislative tactics.
- PAVE was created to shatter the silence of sexual violence using education and action.
- PAVE values survivor voices as one of the strongest tools to shatter the silence.
- PAVE works to prevent sexual violence by engaging both men and women.
- PAVE was built on inclusiveness to all communities regardless of biological sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual preference, ability, religion, creed, etc.
- PAVE is not a support group. It is a grassroots organization that raises awareness and takes action on issues of sexual and domestic violence.
- PAVE is not just for survivors. It is for everyone, though many survivors find healing by turning their trauma into action.
- PAVE aims to educate on the prevalent myths and misconceptions surrounding violence, including the fact that the majority of sexual assaults are committed by someone the victim knows and trusts.
- PAVE believes that all members in the community have a stake in ending sexual violence. Prevention transcends individual responsibility to include bystander intervention and perpetrator accountability.
- PAVE never blames victims for the crimes done to them.
- PAVE is working towards a societal shift and uses grassroots action to create change.
PAVE’s mission is on-going and welcomes your support. For more information, please visit the Take Action section of our website. We have information specifically for individuals, campus or community activists, and affiliates. If you can’t get involved but still want to help, your financial support is always welcome. DONATE NOW >>