Sexual assault survivors tell powerful and emotional stories about their personal experiences, from reporting the crime to dealing with the aftermath of the violence. They describe how they coped with what has been called a “silent crime”, as many women may not report their attack. One women talks about how she blocked out her memories, became anorexic and cut her arm to ease the emotional pain. Another broke into tears on camera and confessed desires she had to kill herself. Eventually all the survivors got help through counseling, friends and family support.
Because the women discuss their experiences of dealing with authorities, this program is an important resource for counselors, police officers, military responders and others. Transition to Survivor will help all those who deal with the issue of sexual assault, including friends and family, and enable victims to make the important transition from victim to survivor.
This comprehensive broadcast quality interactive CD ROM was created by Angela Rose, a sexual assault survivor, to provide awareness and allow educated discussion about sexual assault and dating violence. It contains realistic situations, valuable expert advice, innovative awareness training, and is designed to be practical as well as informative.
The program, which is especially appropriate for high school and college students, covers:
- Date and Acquaintance Rape – Hear testimonials of different women describing their experiences of stalking, physical abuse, harassment or rape.
- Stalking – Find out what it is and what to do about it, with dramatizations of stalking situations, what options are available in the situation and after the fact.
- Date Rape Drugs – Learn the names and descriptions of date rape drugs, what the drugs do, and how you can reduce the chances of them being used on you.
- Warning Signs of Abuse – Be challenged with Yes/No questions to ask yourself about your significant relationship, and watch a dramatization of a relationship and find out if you’ve seen the signs of an unhealthy one. Learn how to know if you or someone you know is in an unhealthy relationship.
- Myths and Facts – Find out what rape is, who can be raped, and what behaviors are exhibited in abuse or rape.
Anyone using this Interactive CD-ROM will:
- Hear testimonials of different women describing their experience of stalking, physical abuse, harassment, or rape
- Learn the names and descriptions of date rape drugs, what the drugs do, and how you can reduce the chances of them being used on you
- Be challenged on the Myths and Facts of what rape is, who can be raped, and what behaviors are exhibited in abuse or rape. You’ll be surprised with some of the myths that exist and which ones you may have thought were “facts”!
- See dramatizations of stalking situations and what options are available in the situations and after the fact
- Be challenged with Yes/No questions to ask yourself about your significant relationship – Is it healthy or are there warnings signs?
- Take a dating violence challenge, watch a dramatization of a relationship, then find out if you’ve seen the signs of an unhealthy relationship
Binding Project Kit Now Available!
The Binding Project seeks to unite people across the United States by empowering them to take ownership over zip tie bindings and other forms of restraint often used by perpetrators as a means of control and power. Victims, their loved ones, and other members of the community will choose to take ownership over these bindings symbolically, spiritually and psychologically by participating in The Binding Project. As part of the Project, each participant will write a word that empowers her or him in times of struggle and adversity on a zip tie binding and wear it as a bracelet.
This complete Binding Project Action Kit is contains everything you need from Binding Project materials, instructions and full color flyers. Order yours today!